Skip Nav

Contact Us

Bill's Quality Electric, LLC

Thank you for your interest in Bill's Quality Electric, LLC. Complete the form below to send us an email, or simply give us a call. We're looking forward to working with you.

  • 1800 S McDonald St
    McKinney, TX 75069
  • 214-697-3134

    Thank You!

    Your message has been sent.

    Oops, message not sent.

    Please make sure fields are complete.

    Electrical Safety: Fire Starters Part 7

    Welcome back to our Fire Starters Series here at Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC, where we are sharing fire prevention tips from various scenarios in your home or business to help you Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

    So far we’ve covered room air conditioners, extension cords, kitchen safety, digital devices, outlet overload, and small appliances in the bathroom.

    For our final post of this series, we will focus on space heaters and how we can avoid a fire starter, especially with this heat producing appliance!

    Our first caution is to be sure you plug it in safely. Using extension cords is not recommended, especially since space heaters already come with a longer cord for greater reach. The safest approach is to plug it directly into a wall outlet. Just remember to always follow manufacturer’s instructions.

    Our second caution is the location of the space heater. Determine where there will be at least three feet of distance between the heater and anything flammable, such as a window curtain, bedspread, rug or any other flammable item that could potentially catch on fire with the usage.

    Our third caution is to not leave the space heater on and unattended. When you leave the room, be sure to turn it off. There is always the possibility of the space heater falling over so it is essential to always be present when it is turned on. And be sure the heater is on a stable surface before use.

    It is so essential that we remain mindful of our usage of space heaters in our home or business since there is always the potential for a fire hazard with improper handling. Just remember, plug it in properly, keep it away from flammable items and turn it off when not in use, using only a stable place to put it. Here’s to Staying Electrically Safe and Smart!

    For more tips on electrical safety, fire and shock prevention, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook to stay informed! And do subscribe to our YouTube Channel which is Your Electrical Safety Resource!

    If you own a business or home in Collin County area of North Texas and are in need of electrical service, repair or installation, give us a call at 214.697.3134 to schedule an appointment with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. We look forward to doing business with you!