Skip Nav

Contact Us

Bill's Quality Electric, LLC

Thank you for your interest in Bill's Quality Electric, LLC. Complete the form below to send us an email, or simply give us a call. We're looking forward to working with you.

  • 1800 S McDonald St
    McKinney, TX 75069
  • 214-697-3134

    Thank You!

    Your message has been sent.

    Oops, message not sent.

    Please make sure fields are complete.

    Electrical Safety: Fire Starters Part 6

    Welcome back to our Fire Starters Series here at Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC! Knowledge is Power, thus we are providing you with information to help you Stay Electrically Safe and Smart, with a specific focus on Fire Prevention and what you can do to avoid potential Fire Starting Scenarios in your home or business.

    We’ve shared tips on room air conditioners, extension cords, kitchen safety, digital devices and outlet overload. We’ve covered a lot of ground concerning the possibility of fire.

    For today’s post, we will focus on Bathroom safety with a specific focus on small appliances and what you can do to avoid a fire starter from getting going.

    For those of us who use a small appliance for styling hair, such as a hair dryer, flat or curling iron or any appliance that heats up, remember several tips to help such usage to be safe rather than sorry.

    First, be sure to use the appliance according to manufacturer’s instructions, which are vital for avoiding damage or accidents. After you’ve plugged in your appliance and turned it on, do not leave that appliance unattended. And do not leave your appliance plugged in and on for extended periods of time, since this can cause over heating which can lead to fire.

    After use, be sure to UNPLUG the appliance. But, don’t put it away right away! That’s sure to be a fire starter before long. Instead, leave it to cool in a place where there is nothing combustable nearby, such as a washcloth, hand towel or paper towel. It’s easy to forget what’s laying on the bathroom counter; be sure to pay attention, since this can easily turn into trouble, if you’re not thinking and staying present with your action.

    Another tip: always give a good look to the electrical cord of your small appliance and be sure to discontinue use if there is any damage to the wire. Otherwise, this can be a fire starter issue as well. And when you do put away your appliance, do not wrap the cord around the appliance, since this can cause damage to the electrical wire, especially when repeatedly handled this way. Wear and tear means beware!

    It’s so vitally important to slow down and really pay attention when we use our small appliances in the bathroom. Let’s take care and Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

    For more relevant and important tips on electrical safety, fire and shock prevention, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, where we share tips both here on our blog and from around the web to keep you informed. Also, subscribe to our YouTube Channel, which is your electrical safety resource!

    If you own a business or home in Collin County area of North Texas and are in need of electrical service, repair or installation, give us a call at 214.697.3134 to schedule an appointment with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. We look forward to doing business with you!