Skip Nav

Contact Us

Bill's Quality Electric, LLC

Thank you for your interest in Bill's Quality Electric, LLC. Complete the form below to send us an email, or simply give us a call. We're looking forward to working with you.

  • 1800 S McDonald St
    McKinney, TX 75069
  • 214-697-3134

    Thank You!

    Your message has been sent.

    Oops, message not sent.

    Please make sure fields are complete.

    Electrical Safety: Fire Starters Part 4

    Welcome back to our Fire Starters Series with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. Again, the purpose of this series is to inform you of possible fire starting scenarios and how to avoid them! In Part 1, we covered the room air conditioner; in Part 2, we discussed extension cords; in Part 3, we talked about kitchen safety.

    For Part 4, we will talk about something that anyone with a Smart Phone, lap top or other digital device will need to know.

    One of the biggest problems we can run into when using our devices is Distraction. Whether we’re needing to get up to do something we forgot, or go make dinner or answer someone’s question, when we’re in the act of using a device, we need to be careful about where we put it when it’s not in use. And we need to be careful about where we choose to charge that device.

    One of the biggest errors made is not paying attention to the surrounds of our environment and how we can potentially start a fire without realizing it.

    Any time you place a device down or any time you are going to charge your device, be sure not to put it in a place that is flammable. Think couch, bed, upholstered chair or table with fabric liner.

    Electrical devices can Overheat when placed on a surface that can potentially be a fire hazard. If you leave a device in a flammable place, the chance of it catching fire is much greater. The Risk is Real.

    Another issue with charging devices is using a product that isn’t safe because of the overheating capacity it contains; when you purchase a less expensive charger, you may be putting your device, and ultimately, you, at risk.

    Sometimes when we attempt to save money, we may actually be creating a scenario that backfires, literally!

    Always be sure to use a charger that is made by a reputable company with a UL label; and always use the charger based on manufacturer’s instructions.

    And never assume that if you just leave your device for a little while on a flammable surface that it will be okay; you can never know when the situation will ripen and turn into a fire you didn’t see coming. Always keep your own safety in mind when it comes to these possible fire starters. Always remember to Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

    For more electrical safety, fire and shock prevention tips, do follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to help you stay informed. And do subscribe to our YouTube Channel, which is Your Electrical Safety Resource!

    If you own a business or home in Collin County area of North Texas and are in need of electrical service, repair or installation, give us a call at 214.697.3134 to schedule an appointment with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. We look forward to doing business with you!