Skip Nav Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares some electrical safety tips with a focus on prevention of fire due to misuse and overload of electrically related equipment, such as appliances, outlets, power strips, extension cords and other items that can overheat leading to possibility of fire. If we take the necessary precautions to use our electrical equipment properly, we can avoid the electrical hazards that often lead to fires, which cause high cost damage and can also lead to death, the truest tragedy we want to eliminate if possible. Take time today to evaluate any electrical hazards that may be present in your home; it just might save your home and your life. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner for prevention of fire! Special Thanks to AmericanAlarm.com for the article, Electrical Safety Tips for Homeowners.