Skip Nav Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares a warning word concerning the improper use of electrical portable generators and why it is dangerous to have them inside your house or any other encloser. Included are a new story with fatalities as well as fatality statistics with portable electrical generators. Emphasized is the proper place to use a portable generator and how to keep yourself and loved ones safe while using them as well as the importance of carbon monoxide alarms and where to place those. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner when using a portable generator and prevent toxic poisoning! Special Thanks to ConsumerAffairs.com and to Jennifer Abel for the article, Carbon Monoxide from Electrical Generator Kills Family of 8.