Skip Nav CBS News 8 – San Diego, CA News Station – KFMB Channel 8 Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares a current electrical safety story regarding a young boy who suffered an electrical shock while touching an electrified metal pole when having his picture taken at his birthday party. It is important to be aware of where decorative lights are displayed and whether the foundational substrate can carry an electrical current. Metal is an electrical conductor, so there’s more of a chance of an electrical charge being transmitted, and the human body is an easy carrier of that current. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner! We wish the boy a speedy recovery and happy birthday and the very best to his whole family. Special Thanks to CBS8.com and Jeff Zevely for the article and video report, Encouraging news for boy shocked at birthday party.