Skip Nav

Contact Us

Bill's Quality Electric, LLC

Thank you for your interest in Bill's Quality Electric, LLC. Complete the form below to send us an email, or simply give us a call. We're looking forward to working with you.

  • 4917 Highlands Dr
    McKinney, TX 75070
  • 214-697-3134

Thank You!

Your message has been sent.

Oops, message not sent.

Please make sure fields are complete.

Electrical Safety: Being Proactive Part II

Welcome back to Bill’s Quality Electric’s Electrical Safety Series on Being Proactive about your electrical safety.

In the first installment of this series, we covered the importance of having the right type of outlets installed in your bathroom which you can read about here.

For today’s post, Part II, of being proactive about your electrical safety, we continue our focus on the all essential bathroom space that we each inhabit repeatedly, whether getting ready for the day or for the night and many times in between. Our specific focus point for electrical safety is with using those protected outlets with plugging in our small appliances that we use regularly as well as when we have devices plugged in, whether it be a cell phone, ipad or other such device.

First, the issue we address is the proper usage of small appliances, whether blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron or electric razor, as well as water piks and anything else that plugs in. What we always want to be aware of is our proper action whether plugging in or removing the electric cord from the outlet being used. Be sure to always use the plug part of the appliance, never using the wire it is attached to when using the outlet. If you pull it out by the wire instead of the plug, you can cause strain on the wire within, especially with repeated usage, thus creating a possible breakage on the interior or exterior, which can lead to electrical shock or electrical fire.

It only takes one contact with that breakage to cause great injury or even death. So, to be proactive, Think before you Act. Ask yourself, am I handling this appliance properly so as not to damage the cord and cause breakage? The more awareness you bring to how you engage with your appliance and handle with proper care, the more likely you will protect yourself from an electrical hazard, not to mention it will lengthen the usage of the appliance, helping you save money on purchasing another one. So, it’s a win-win.

Secondly, the issue we address is using an appliance or device near water or when you are bathing and have it nearby, whether it be a cell phone or other device that is plugged in. If kept too close, it could fall in and cause electrocution, leading to death. Do wait to use your device until it is safe to do so, without water being in the immediate vicinity. Water is a conductor of electricity and you do not want your body to end up being its ground.

It is so worth the PAUSE as we take proactive steps to ensure our electrical safety on a daily basis. Take care and be aware of what electrical hazards could occur and do what you can to avoid them. That’s one way you can Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Stay Tuned for our next installment of our Being Proactive with our Electrical Safety Series. In the meanwhile, you are welcome to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook where we share electrical safety, shock and fire prevention tips both here and around the web, so you can stay informed, both with your business and home.

And always remember, if you own a business or home in Collin County area of North Texas and are in need of electrical service, repair or installation, give us a call at 214.697.3134 to schedule an appointment with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. We look forward to doing business with you!