Skip Nav As we celebrate Thanksgiving in the United States, we thought we’d focus on some Gratitude here at Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. And what can we be thankful for? Well, the list provided might be a bit unconventional and it might not be anything you’ve thought of before. So, allow me to draw our attention to some Electrical Safety appreciation with our homes and businesses! We may not typically consider the way we are protected or ways we can protect ourselves from electrical hazards as content for such a list, so below you will see several items to consider for your focus on gratitude: First, we want to make mention of the Ground Fault Circuit Interruptor (GFCI) that protects us from electrical shock especially in areas where there is water, such as the bathroom and kitchen, as well as outdoors. Another item for our gratitude list is the Tamper Resistant Receptacle (TRR) which aids in preventing items from being inserted by children’s hands and protects from electrical shock. Our children’s protection is certainly something we shouldn’t take for granted–thus gratitude! How about that extension cord that is only used for short stints and placed perfectly for its purpose without overheating or damage that can cause a fire. As we properly use and maintain this cord, we can be grateful for its convenience. Then there’s our kitchen appliances that we properly maintain and unplug when cleaning or when not in use that makes cooking more of a pleasure than a chore. And they are certainly convenient for that Thanksgiving meal! And being proactive to stay in the kitchen while we cook, being grateful for that time with friends and family (keeping health and safety in mind). How about the Perfect Spot for our space heater that keeps all flammables 3 feet away, using it only when we are in the room, and turning off when we leave. We can appreciate the supplemental heat knowing we’re using it properly and safely. And our last item to be thankful for is any type of outlet that we don’t overload to help prevent fires; but instead we use them with mindfulness, appreciating the power it provides when we need it! So, there you have it! Our Electrical Safety Gratitude List, which can help us to remember to appreciate the power in our homes and how we are protected; and, also, how we are able to help reduce electrical hazards simply by being mindful, so we can Stay Electrically Safe and Smart! A Special Thanks to our customers here in the Collin County Area of North Texas and to our readers of this electrical safety blog. We wish our U.S. folks a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! Remember, for more electrical safety, shock and fire prevention tips, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook so you can stay informed! And do subscribe to our YouTube Channel which is Your Electrical Safety Resource! If you own a business or home in Collin County area of North Texas and are in need of electrical service, repair or installation, give us a call at 214.697.3134 to schedule an appointment with Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC. We look forward to doing business with you!