Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety, shock and fire prevention tips with a special focus on electrical hazards and issues that need repair by a licensed electrician. Tips include issues with breakers tripping, electrical fire possibilities, light fixture issues, outlet problems, appliance usage, extension cord conditions, ceiling fan problems, and fridge issues. Each of these hazards are explained providing possible cause and what you should do to get the issue repaired so as to avoid the possibility of electrical fire or shock. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner and be aware of electrical hazards in your home!
Special Thanks to OilCityWyo.com, to Rocky Mountain Power and to Tom Davis, Safety Director of Rocky Mountain Power, for the article, RMP Reminds Safety Around Electricity.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips and information with a special focus on electrical hazards that may be present in the home and what you can do to reduce the chance of electrical fires. Tips include proper placement and usage of extension cords and power strips, proper use of outlets, to prevent overload. Also mentioned are specific electrical hazards to look out for that could directly lead to electrical fires. Also mentioned are what NOT to do with “smart” devices to avoid overheating and fires. Electrical fire statistics conclude the information shared. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart with your electrical usage and keep an eye out for electrical hazards that can lead to fire!
Special Thanks to Cambridgema.gov and to State Fire Marshal, Peter J. Ostroskey for the article, May Is Electrical Safety Month.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares an electrical fire story that showcases the dangers of Do-It-Yourself electrical work by an unlicensed person and why this can be a disaster waiting to happen. Cautions about unlicensed electrical work being done in the home are shared due to the possibility of electrical fire and how long it may take before that happens as a result of the DIY approach. Electricity is not something to mess with; electrical systems are dangerous and complicated and should only be dealt with by a licensed electrician. Save your home from possible fire-related damage due to DIY style electrical work being done, and hire a professional! Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner when you need electrical work done in your home!
Special Thanks to WesternMassNews.com, to Amanda Keane, to Erin Fitzsimonds, to Dennis Leger of the Springfield Fire Department, and to Aaron Cole, Electrical Inspector of the City of Springfield, for the article/news story and video, Unlicensed Electrical Work Blamed for House Fire in Springfield.
Electrical Safety: When Students Learn The Dangers
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety, fire and shock prevention information and tips with special focus on a current event for students and how they learned about electrical safety indoors and outdoors. Tips included power line safety, space heater safety and the importance of smoke alarms in the home. A Video is provided showing the students learning about electrical safety through the National Theatre for Children performance and through school activities. When our children are taught electrical safety, everyone benefits and they can be empowered to stay safe and know what dangers lurk with electricity all around them. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart, students!
Special Thanks to PAHomePage.com, to Jayne Ann Bugda, to Cody Butler, to Priestly Elementary School, and to PPL for the article and video of this current event, PPL Gives a Lesson in Safety.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and electric shock prevention tips with a special focus on work safety and the dangers you may encounter on the job and how you can protect yourself. Tips include proper maintenance and usage of working tools, extension cords and other equipment. Also mentioned is ladder safety with type of ladder to use emphasized. Also mentioned are electrical hazards possible with outlets and cautionary measure to take. When it comes to work safety, being proactive can go a long way toward protecting yourself from electrical shock. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart at your job!
Special Thanks to SafetyandHealthmagazine.com for the article, Don’t Underestimate Electricity’s Dangers.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tipswith a special focus on electrical hazards to look for to help prevent fires. Tips include specific electrical hazards signs with light switches and with electrical outlets. Also included are tips for electrical safety and fire prevention in the bathroom, especially in regards to vent fan usage and how you can reduce the possibility of fire with these tips. When we pay close attention to electrical hazards that may be present in our homes and take action to repair them, we can reduce if not eliminate the possibility of electrical fires. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner by maintaining your electrical components to prevent fires!
Special Thanks to KRGV.com, to the Hidalgo County Marshall’s Office and to reporter, Leslie Aguilar, for the video report and article, Hidalgo Co. Marshall’s Office Shares Ways to Prevent Electrical Fires.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on electrical overload which can lead to electrical fires and how parents can use these tips to help maintain and prevent fires in the home. Tips include kids’ directives to help prevent fires such as knowing the proper placement of electrical cords, maintenance of and proper usage of appliances, and other electrical goods. This information is provided for kids so they can share electrical safety and fire prevention tips with their parents for a electrically safe and properly cared for environment. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart, parents and work together with your kids to help prevent fires!
Special Thanks to FDNYSmart.org and the New York Fire Department for the article, Electrical Outlets.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on kitchen safety and what you can do to reduce the possibility of fire and how you can handle a kitchen fire if it does happen. Tips include kid safety, combustible removal, proper cooking procedures during cooking and in case of a grease fire in order to contain the fire, keeping the rest of the home safe as well as other people in the house. Also mentioned are the importance of a fire escape plan and use of working smoke alarms and where to place them. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart when cooking in the kitchen to help prevent fires!
Please note the year mentioned in the video is not current but the tips are evergreen!
Special Thanks to City of Suffolk VA, Tim Kelley of Interim Media and Community Relations Manager and to James Dixons, Fire Marshal Captain, for the video, Safety First-Kitchen Fire Safety.
Electrical Safety: Fire Prevention with Space Heaters
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on space heaters and the associated hazards that can be present with improper usage and what you can do to protect yourself and your home. Tips include what type of space heater to purchase, cautions on counterfeits, proper placement in the home to avoid fire, when to shut it off, cautions with extension cords, proper maintenance of your space heater, and what NOT to do with one. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart in your usage of space heaters this winter to help prevent home fires!
Special Thanks to RedRiverMutual.com for the article, Space Heater Safety.
Electrical Safety: Fire Hazards in Older Home Wiring
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on older wiring in homes and the potential there is for arcing and sparking of fires. Tips include having your home’s electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician and having the wiring replaced if needed. Also discussed are the hazards associated with damaged wiring in walls, under furniture, etc, that can lead to fires. The benefits of Arc Fault Circuit Interruptors are explained concerning protecting your home from these electrical hazards. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner especially if your home has older wiring!
Our condolences to the family effected by the house fire whose family member passed away featured in this video.
Special Thanks to National Fire Protection Association and State Farm Insurance as well as the other authorities who share these tips on this video, Hidden Electrical Hazards, P 1.