Electrical Safety: Fire Prevention in the Home

Electrical Safety: Fire Prevention in the Home

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on family and how to prevent fires to avoid unnecessary deaths.

Tips include the importance of smoke alarms, appliance safety, AFCIs, GFCIs, electrical cord safety, and electrical hazards to keep an eye out for.

Do all you can as a parent to keep your kids safe from fire and Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Special Thanks to TexarkanaGazette.com, Texarkana News, Texarkana Gazette, Karl Richter, Texarkana Texas Fire Depart, Assistant Chief and Fire Marshal, Chris Black and Fire Department Captain, Scott Daniel, David Peavy of Artex Electric and to National Fire Protection Association for the article, Fire safety in spotlight after a local child’s death.

Electrical Safety: Are your home’s outlets kid safe?

Electrical Safety: Are your home’s outlets kid safe?

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on kids and outlets and what you need to do to protect your kids from electric shock.

Tips include electrical safety statistics with outlets and the issue of protective covers versus tamper resistant outlets.

Always take full protective measure to keep your kids protected from electrical shock; Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Special Thanks to WCTI12.com, to NewsChannel 12 ABC, to Morgan Newell of NewsChannel 12, to Sarah Katherine and to ESFI for the article, This Child proofing Technique Could Be Putting Your Kid at Risk.

Electrical Safety: A Bothersome Balloon Issue Addressed

Electrical Safety: A Bothersome Balloon Issue Addressed

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares an electrical safety tip with a special focus on metallic balloons and what to do to prevent hazards with them.

Tips include electrical statistics in regards to metallic balloon hazards, how to handle the balloon to stay safe and power line safety.

Take care with your balloon usage as you celebrate occasions and Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Special Thanks to APnews.com, to Business Wire, to Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and to Mike Kress, Senior Director of Electric Distribution Operations of PG&E for the article, PG&E to Graduates: Celebrate Safely by Securing Metallic Balloons.

Electrical Safety: Heating Safely in the Winter

Electrical Safety: Heating Safely in the Winter

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on safety with the use of space heaters as supplemental during the winter months.

Tips include the safe use of space heaters such as what kind to buy, where to put them, how to plug them in, what NOT to do with a space heater and how to keep kids and pets safe too.

Take care and be aware of your space heater usage to avoid fires and other hazards and Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Special Thanks to KARE11.com, KARE 11, KARE Staff, ESFI and the Minnesota State Fire Marshall for the article, How to Use Space Heaters Safely.

Electrical Safety: Eliminate Hazards for Fire Prevention

Electrical Safety: Eliminate Hazards for Fire Prevention

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on potential hazards in the home and how you can eliminate them to help prevent fires. 

Tips include proper use and placement of extension cords, proper use of outlets, power cords and space heaters, and when it’s time to call an electrician to prevent hazardous electrical situations that can lead to fire. 

Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner and keep your kids safe too!

Special Thanks to Nebraska.tv., to NTVABC, to Kearney Volunteer Fire Department, the Kearney Volunteer Fire Department Captain, Jeremy Feusner and to Sydney Edwards for the article, KVFD gives tips on electrical fire hazards, how to spot potential issues. 

Electrical Safety: College Student Tips for Fire Prevention

Electrical Safety: College Student Tips for Fire Prevention

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on college students and their dorm room safety to help prevent fires and how to protect themselves in case of fire. 

Tips include smoke alarm importance as well as readiness for escape in case of fire and the best action to take for prevention. 

Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a college student in your dorm room to help prevent fires and save lives!

Special Thanks to OttawaCitizen.com, to Blair Crawford and to Gwen Lewis, Assistant Division Chief of the Ottawa Fire Service, for the article Fire Safety: What Students should know. 

Electrical Safety: Kid Tips Indoors and Outdoors

Electrical Safety: Kid Tips Indoors and Outdoors

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety, fire and shock prevention tips with a special focus on kids’ safety both indoor and outdoors and what you can do as parents to keep your kids safe. 

Tips include what can be done to avoid overloading outlets and extension cords, proper usage of electrical plugs, power line safety, and what to avoid when outdoor to help prevent electrical shock or even death. 

Take the time to discuss electrical safety with your kids as they head back to school; an electrical education is an important one! 

Stay Electrically Safe and Smart, parents and kids! 

Special Thanks to Heraldextra.com, to Rocky Mountain Power and to Tom Davis, Safety Director at Rocky Mountain Power for the article, Remember electrical safety rules for kids. 

Electrical Safety: Shock Prevention in the Kitchen

Electrical Safety: Shock Prevention in the Kitchen

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on the kitchen and how to avoid electrical hazards.

When it comes to making breakfast on a school morning, we can often find ourselves in a hurry when we’re pressed for time before the bus arrives or before leaving to get in line to drop the kiddos off.

But electrical safety in the kitchen is of paramount importance, especially when using electrical appliances such as the toaster or microwave.

Be sure the kids know not to remove toast using a metal piece of cutlery. If something gets stuck, unplug it first! Metal on electrical parts inside can create electrical shock.

When you use the microwave, be sure to only use items that can be contained without electrical issues.

Teaching your kids how to use appliances correctly, especially on those school mornings when they might be in a hurry, can help prevent accidents, and even death by electrical shock.

Plus it gives you the opportunity to connect before the school day begins.

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC wish you an electrically safe day and encourages you to Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Copyright 2018 Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC

Header Image Art Copyright 2018 by Dawn Herring

Electrical Safety: Cautions for Your Holiday

Electrical Safety: Cautions for Your Holiday

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on your holiday activities and how you can protect yourself and your loved ones from the hazards of electric shock drowning.

As we enjoy the environment with friends and family during the holiday, we often engage in relaxing activities such as being by the poolside, going swimming or boating as summer weather beckons us.

We would like to offer three cautions for your weekend engagements to help you prevent an accident, injury or even death due to electrical shock.

When you sit by the pool, be sure to keep your distance from the pool water if you have electrical appliances of any kind or if you are using your cell phone plugged in to charge. Water and electricity do not mix.

If your children or grandchildren are playing outside in the sprinkler, be sure not to allow any electrical items in the vicinity, thus turning the play area into an electrical hazard ripe for shock, which could lead to death.

If you are enjoying some boating time in a marina area, be sure not to go swimming in that area since there is always the possibility of electrical current being present, which could lead to electric shock drowning. Again, water and electricity do not mix.

Enjoy your holiday keeping these cautions in mind for you and your loved ones and Stay Electrically Safe and Smart!

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC wishes all a Electrically Safe and Smart Holiday weekend!

 

 

 

 

Electrical Safety: Fire Prevention for the College-Bound

Electrical Safety: Fire Prevention for the College-Bound

Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and fire prevention tips with a special focus on the College-bound and how students can keep themselves safe and prevent fires in their dorms and beyond. 

Tips include the importance of smoke alarms, how to heat your dorm safely, proper usage of outlets, cords and space heaters, plus awareness of how you’re using electricity to prevent fires every day. 

Stay Electrically Safe and Smart in your College dorm room and beyond! 

Special Thanks to Ironmountaindailynews.com, to The Daily News, and to Michigan Fire Marshall, Kevin Sehlmeyer for the article, Students should be aware of fire safety at college.