Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on swimming in the pool and how you can protect yourself from electric shock. This news story and tips is based on an electrical accident involving a father and son, one of which was fatally electrocuted from energized water. Tips include ways you can check for electrical hazards in the pool before entering and electrical issues that may be present with the pools electrical system and what is recommended to help reduce if not eliminate such hazards. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart with your swimming pool usage!
Our condolences to the McGrady family for the loss of the loved one and our wish for a speedy recovery of the other family member.
Special Thanks to waff.com, to First Alert 48 WAFF, to reporter, Lauren Scharf and to Jeff Monroe, Owner of American’s Swimming Pool Company for the video and article, Expert Recommends Precautions to Avoid Electrical Pool Accidents.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on boating and swimming for the holiday weekend and what you can do to protect yourself and others from electric shock in the water. Tips include power line safety and the proper distance to keep to avoid contact, what to do if the water you’re swimming in is energized, the importance of electrical inspections, what type of electrical equipment to have installed for the greatest protection and electrical hazards to avoid when in the water. Just being aware of your surroundings and taking appropriate action in the proper context can help prevent electrical shock and possible death from electrocution. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a boater and swimmer this holiday weekend and always!
Special Thanks to GRDA.com, to the Grand River Dam Authority and to ESFI for the article, Safety Tips for Boat Owners.
Electrical Safety: Prevention of Electric Shock Drowning
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on swimming pool and lake safety around docks that contain electrical systems with boats in order to protect you and your loved ones from electric shock drowning (ESD). Tips include what type of electrical components should be used for the greatest protection, the importance of electrical inspections and what to do if you see someone struggling in the water to keep yourself safe and possible safe a life at the same time. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart this summer as you swim in pools and lakes!
Special Thanks to ABC3340.com, to Cynthia Gould, to Senior Trooper Chuck Daniel, to Electrician Gary Graves, to ESFI and to the Johnson family for sharing their story and for the text/video clip, Electric Shock Drowning: Hidden Danger at the Lake.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tipswith a special focus on rides at local fairs as well as in amusement parks. With the season of warm weather and special events being initiated, electrical safety should be on every participant’s mind. So how can you protect yourself concerning the rides you choose to go on? Tips shared are focused on what to look for with each individual ride which will give you a clue concerning safety, inspections and hazards that may already be present that you can avoid simply by being aware. Take care as you engage with celebratory events and fun activities during these warmer months. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart with outdoor activities at the fair!
Special Thanks to Kiro7.com, to Kiro 7 News Staff and to Washington State’s Labor and Industries for the article, How do you know a fair ride is safe?
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety, fire prevention and shock prevention tips with a special focus on electrical hazards that may be present and how to properly use the electrical components in your home to avoid shock and fire. Tips include proper appliance use, the protection AFCIs and GFCIs provide, electrical cord safety, and specific electrical hazards to look out for with breakers, light switches, outlets, appliances and lights. Awareness of your home’s electrical system and its components can help you stay educated and safe by implementing action steps to prevent electrical shock and fire. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart in your home!
Special Thanks to TheDailyNewsonline.com, to City of Batavia Fire Department and Fire Chief, Stefano Napolitano, and to NFPA and ESFI for the article, Batavia Firefighters Offer Electrical Safety Tips.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention tips with a special focus on pool safety and prevention of electrical shock drowning (ESD). Discussed are the electrical hazards that can present themselves in connection with pool equipment and accessories that, if not properly installed, can leak electrical current. Shared are tips to help avoid electric shock for swimmers and what equipment should be used and installed that will provide the most safety when something doesn’t function properly. Also described are the symptoms of ESD so you know what to expect if it should happen to you or someone you’re swimming with. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart both as a swimmer and swimming pool owner!
Special Thanks to HNGNews.com, to NewsUSA, to ECCN and to Grayling Love for the article, Enhance Pool Safety: Help Protect Your Family From Electric Shock Drowning.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares electrical safety and shock prevention word of warning with a special focus on staying out of harm’s way with boating and swimming in marinas and what you can do to protect yourself from leaking current. Explained is electric shock drowning, how it occurs and what electrical hazards are present for current to leak. GFCIs and ELCIs are mentioned as protective devices as well as rules to follow when near a lake with boats and how to respond if someone is in the process of dealing with electrical current. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a boat owner and swimmer this summer!
Special Thanks to Brownsvilleherald.com for the the article, Electric Shock Drowning–The Hidden Dangers to Swimmers and Boaters.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares an electrical safety news story centered especially around a family’s loss due to electric shock drowning and the offering of several electrical safety tips to help prevent future deaths due to electricity being present in the water. Boat dock inspections, GFCIs used in the electrical system and repairing specific electrical hazards that may be present can help prevent electricity from entering the water. If a local swimmer enters these waters where electricity has leaked, they can become paralyzed, not being about to swim, and, thus, drown. Taking action to secure boat dock electrically can help prevent these deaths from happening in the first place. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart with your boats, docks and when you swim in a lake where they are present!
Our condolences to the family who experienced profound loss with their daughter’s passing.
Special Thanks to CBS News, to Michael Clark, and to Jimmy and Casey Johnson for this news story, Teen Dies from Electric Shock Drowning.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares an electrical fatality news story that focuses on pool safety and the electrical system that controls it and why, when electrical hazards are present, they need to be repaired. This story shows what can happen to someone in a pool when electrical wiring is not properly installed and when electrical components do not meet the requirements of the system. This story also shows the importance of having electrical inspections done on pools to be sure they are safe and free of electrical hazards that could cause electrocution, thus saving a life, a person from drowning. Stay Electrically Safe and Smart concerning pool maintenance and repair to help prevent electrocution deaths!
We offer our condolences to the family of Rachel Rossof.
Special Thanks to NYDailyNews.com, to Elizabeth Elizalde, and to the family of Rachel Rossof, for this importance news story, Family of North Carolina Teen ‘paralyzed’ by electricity in pool before drowning sues two companies.
Bill’s Quality Electric, LLC shares an electrical fire story that showcases the dangers of Do-It-Yourself electrical work by an unlicensed person and why this can be a disaster waiting to happen. Cautions about unlicensed electrical work being done in the home are shared due to the possibility of electrical fire and how long it may take before that happens as a result of the DIY approach. Electricity is not something to mess with; electrical systems are dangerous and complicated and should only be dealt with by a licensed electrician. Save your home from possible fire-related damage due to DIY style electrical work being done, and hire a professional! Stay Electrically Safe and Smart as a homeowner when you need electrical work done in your home!
Special Thanks to WesternMassNews.com, to Amanda Keane, to Erin Fitzsimonds, to Dennis Leger of the Springfield Fire Department, and to Aaron Cole, Electrical Inspector of the City of Springfield, for the article/news story and video, Unlicensed Electrical Work Blamed for House Fire in Springfield.